Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week 2 of Happiness Update

So I've been sticking strong to this picture a day thing! Honestly my favorite part is seeing other people's happy. Everyone is so different, but there's one thing I think everyone has posted about already... FOOD!! Yup, it's true. Comfort food. It's real. I have quite a few pictures to put up so I'll get right to it!!

Day 7: Eastern time zone impressing me by looking like this at 6:45 pm!!
Ok. So if you've talked to me since I've moved you know that I HATE eastern time. But, but it stays light until like 10 pm in the summer. Do. Not. Care. I would like the sun to rise sometime before 8 am!! I mean really? Really? Also there is no good reason for Btown to be on eastern time when it is further west than places (Nashville, TN) that are on central time!! But I digress, this fantastic picture came at 6:45 pm after a run. And as much as I'm not a fan of eastern time, this gave me just a bit of a hope that spring really will come eventually!
Day 8: This cuteness happens every time I tie my shoes!
That would be one of my cats, Jasmine. A little background on Jasmine. She's the cat that likes cat toys. Any type of toy with a string involved is her thing. So she just can't help herself when she sees those bright strings flipping around in the air. Obviously I'm not trying to get ready to go, I'm just starting a new game with her. Love that she's always ready to play!

Day 9: Real signs of spring!!


That's right people!! Do you see that temperature right there?!?! 62 B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L degrees in Btown in February!! You can bet I was outside running around like a nut even with the distant rumble of thunder! There was no way I was passing up that warm of temperatures for a run!! It was great to break the pattern of running circles on the indoor track at the y!

Day 10: Fancy polymer pin arrives in the mail because I've been a member for 5 years!

I hardly ever get mail, except the junk that everyone gets. Pizza hut, is it really necessary to send me new coupons every week? How often do you think I eat there?!?! Anyway, when this fancy envelope came I was excited. When I opened it and saw this amazing little pin I was really excited. Look at me, 5 years of being a member of a professional organization?!?! When did I grow up?!?!
Day 11: Frozen and bison burgers with my sister!

What makes picking up your friends at the Indy airport more fun? How about a lil' sister time beforehand? That's right I drove up to get my sister and we saw Frozen. A-mazing. Seriously. I don't know what Disney has been up to recently but their movies were not on par with what they should be. Frozen finally brings back Disney to those animated classics! Loved it!! And my sister the picky eater suggests we go out for bison burgers after!! Who is she?!?! So incredibly good!! Definitely a big fan of bison!
Day 12: Welcome back Amazing Race!!

I am obsessed with this show! Honestly I think it's because I truly believe I could  be on it! I would LOVE to travel the world and take on some of the crazy challenges they have. Although I would be traumatized if I had to shave my head like they did one season. Seriously? That would take a lot of convincing. Also I've seen so many places that I didn't know where so beautiful! It's helping me to add to my bucket list!!
Day 13: "tea time" (aka 3:00 snack time) is reinstated since my work buddy is back!!

Nothing like having your work buddy back to enjoy tea time with! Why tea time you ask? Well I was in charge of entertaining a Dane (a very hot Dane) for a few days at work and to make him feel more at home, we decided to start tea time (they do that in Denmark, right?). Since I'm not the biggest fan of (read: don't like) tea, we usually have random snacks although I think this one is my all time favorite! Popcorn and a M&M cookie?!? And I could catch up and hear about my work buddy's amazing vacation to St. Thomas. Jealous!! I could go for spending a week on an island!!
Day 14: Kitty love!!
Cat attack!!! This was one of those rare nights when both of my cats thought they could be in my lap. Maggie is trying to sleep, while Jasmine is distracted by the string (what did I tell you about her?) on my sweatshirt. That didn't last too long and then they both curled up and slept. So peaceful. Love having them to come home to after those rougher days at work!

Day 15: Wednesday night bowling!!
With it being winter (boo!) I can't as they say, "do me". All of my go-to activities, running, biking, softball, sitting outside having a drink aren't really feasible. So enter bowling. What started as me just being a sub has turned into essentially a full-time position. Something tells me bowling may become one of those things I do for a very long time. I'm totally going to be one of those lil' ol' lady bowlers!!

 Day 16: Chocolate milk after running!!
Best. Beverage. Ever. There's really not much more to say about it. Except that the very best time to drink all that deliciousness is right after a run. Enter today. For the first time in a very long time I got up to 5 miles running (because my training program told me I had to). Getting back in my car to find this huge glass of chocolate milk made every one of the 35 laps worth it!






Anyway, sorry for the lag time between entries! Hopefully I get better at this! The next post is going to have some epic pictures!! :-) 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! It's so much fun! I love the randomness--and I love that so much is food too!!!!!!! MMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete