Sunday, February 2, 2014

Btown: The city of dopplegangers

Has anyone else had this happen to them? You get used to your group of friends/acquaintances/every day people (other gym members, gym employees, coworkers) and where and when you'll most likely be seeing these people. Then you move. But behold! Is that one of the girls from my running group walking into the YMCA in front of me? No, that couldn't be right. I'm in Indiana all of those people I was seeing on a daily basis aren't here! Well Btown seems to have a ton of dopplegangers for my Mississippi peeps! So here's the list I've got so far:


  • Mr. Leitschuh (my 7th grade social studies teacher) - Saw this guy walking out of Kroger the other day. Now this could have been the real Mr. Leitschuh because it's possible he decided to retire to Btown!
  • Brinn (morning running group member/polymer science family) - Saw her doppleganger in the Y getting ready for a yoga class.
  • Maliha (polymer science family) - Her doppleganger is the newest on my list, I saw her when I was at a bar last night. She looked so like Maliha that I honestly almost went over and started a conversation!
  • Shelley (morning running group member/polymer science family) - I've encountered Shelley's doppleganger the most. It was actually weird, I shared a swimming lane with her, just like I did with Shelley back in the day of master swim class!
  • Dr. Storey (my grad school advisor) - Yup, saw him when I was out to eat for a Friday lunch. I was afraid he had come to get some more input about a paper that we needed to get published!
  • Bob (family friend) - I haven't recently spent time with Bob, but from what I remember I saw his doppleganger in the hot tub at the Y. Hanging out and talking to his wife about the rest of their Sunday plans.
  • Yidan (polymer science family) - Saw her at church when they were doing a special on some of the international students. 
So I guess the list really isn't that long, but I've only been here for 6 months... That's almost a doppleganger a month!! I can't wait to see who turns up next here in Btown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment