Thursday, January 23, 2014

Asparagus!!!!

That's right. I. Love. Asparagus. Not just any old asparagus. Actually now that I think about it, I did have a great experience with white asparagus when I was in the Netherlands! White asparagus, hard boiled eggs, and ham. When you eat them all together... Amazing!! Now the white asparagus soup that I had before that meal... Eh, not quite as impressive! OK... back to the point of this entry. I have perhaps THE best/easiest asparagus recipe ever!! Introduced to me by one of my best friends/roommates/"classmates" back in da 'sip (mississippi for all you yanks!), I'm pretty sure we ate asparagus every day for weeks straight! So since this recipe has made me love asparagus so much, I've decided to share it with the world (as in the 5 people that read this!). So without further ado... Super easy asparagus recipe!!

1. Drive to Kroger (Walmart for the Hattiesburgians) and pick up some asparagus.

2. Preheat oven to 400.

3. Bring asparagus home and wash it up and remove the tough ends. Simplest way to do this is just breaking off the ends, no need for cutting!

4. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. I opt to use aluminum foil to cover the baking sheet for easier clean up. (Like I said people, I'm going for best and easiest recipe.)

5. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus. Make sure the asparagus is well coated.

6. Add a little sprinkle of salt (sea salt is the best!) and pepper.

7. Throw it in the oven for 10 minutes.

8. Devour!!

Nothing fancy here folks, but still tastes amazing! Go out and try it! Oh and I also found out there's actually 3 colors of asparagus. Green, white, and purple. Has anyone tried purple asparagus? I'm intrigued!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so I'm going to have to try this! I need to expand my food repertoire lol.

    ReplyDelete