Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016

2015 has definitely had it's moments. Some better and some not the greatest. After having to re-read my entry from the beginning of the year, I recall I was going to #commit for 2015. Yes, yes I was riding the #craze. Good news for all of you... I outgrew that in about a week. Commit was a great word for me and I tried to commit to more things in my life. I won't bore you with the details of all of my commitment trials, but some were incredibly more successful than other attempts (i.e. I committed to being an adult by buying my very first home!). Since the year is definitely in it's waning moments, I've started pondering what I'm going to use as motivation for 2016.

The other week at Target, I found my motivation (I'm using this term instead of saying I have a certain resolution or list of resolutions). Simply put on a notebook "Today is the day." And that's how I plan to live out 2016. I know it sounds completely opposite of the 2015 mantra of commitment, but I assure you it's not that different. Perhaps today will be the day that I start eating healthier, or living more efficiently. I don't plan for those types of changes to last only one day. I hope to see them grow over the course of the year. At the same time, I hope that I have several days were I can say "today is the day... I tried sky diving, I made home-made ravioli, I saw the Grand Canyon". Today is the day is a perfect balance between making permanent changes and trying new adventures. So don't be surprised if you see an entry or two that begins with "today is the day", but I would be shocked if you ever had to read #todayistheday.

Here's to the new adventures that await in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment