Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Escape!

Or as Dory (from Finding Nemo) says... Es-cop-ae! That was definitely the theme of this past weekend. I was able to escape from work early in order to head up to Muncie, Indiana (only my second visit there) to see my sister graduate college. I'm still not 100% sure how we've made it to her college graduation. I'm pretty sure I was just at her high school graduation like last year. Apparently I'm not the only one who is getting older.

I think (aka this is my opinion written here people!) that my sister would also like to say that escape could also be used for her this weekend as she is finally leaving behind the school life and heading into the world of big kid jobs. I have to give some mad props to Ball State for keeping their graduation ceremony to a respectable 2 hours! Way to go sister on graduating in December!

This all leads up to the main reason I say escape is the word of the weekend. I was not the greatest sister this summer and put off buying a birthday present until just recently. But I'm pretty sure I made it up to her. Shortly after the graduation ceremony ended, we all headed down to Indy to try out an Escape Room. Quick explanation: Escape rooms are a popular fad in which you and a group of friends (and potentially some strangers if you have a smaller group) go into a themed room and have to figure out several clues/puzzles to escape the room. Back to our experience... So we get to address of the Indy escape rooms and have to take an elevator up to the 2nd floor. Well... let the puzzles begin. We couldn't just push 2 to head to the 2nd floor. Oh no, we had to enter a code to get to the 2nd floor. At this moment I decided this was going to be a sweet little adventure.


So we ended up in the room with two people we didn't know (but it ended up being really fun that way. We all worked well together.) and our theme was hoosier hysteria. Premise: We were in a sport-y locker room like place and needed to find the state championship trophy that was stolen in order to escape the room. We had an hour to do so in order to get the trophy to the ref on time. Now... I don't want to spoil the mystery of the room for anyone who would want to try it out, but... It. Was. Awesome. We got as far as finding the trophy and getting a key to get the trophy out, but we could not figure out the final code to get the trophy! So close on our first try! Our consolation prize was knowing we were the group that got the farthest that day in that room. Fortunately there are 4 other rooms for us to try when we want to go back. Oh and the room we tried out was considered an intermediate level. There's an advanced room where you start off handcuffed!! Anyway... I definitely recommend trying out an escape room if you get the chance!

And just to keep up with the theme word of the weekend. We also had to figure out how to escape Indy! We sorta overlooked the fact that IU, Notre Dame, Purdue and Butler were playing basketball in a bit of a tournament that same day. Annnnnnnd that it was the last Saturday before Christmas. I've never seen so many people in downtown Indy before! One last escape for the weekend! All-in-all a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment