Sunday, January 25, 2015

Who's with me?

Anyone up for a crazy New Year's Eve? I know this is incredibly early, but this plan is so crazy it will take awhile to plan. After talking with a coworker about how great New Year's is in Europe, I thought it would be cool to be there to see it. Then I remembered I have been to Italy for New Year's and that was definitely a crazy experience. Everyone drinking their own bottle of champagne and then throwing it in the air to celebrate?!? Um... yeah I prefer not getting knocked out by flying champagne bottles. Thank you kindly.

Obviously there are several places around the world that look like they have amazing New Year celebrations. So I started forming a plan. Why not be able to knock out two places in one year? How would that be possible?

Wait for it.

By celebrating New Years twice in one year!!! And just a tiny bit of research (i.e. googling) showed that it's possible to be in Tokyo and fly to the west coast in time to ring in a second New Year! Here's what the schedule would look like:

1. Celebrate in Tokyo!
2. Board a flight and take a nice little nap.
3. Land in San Francisco and enjoy round 2!

Oh and to further sell this plan, get ready for this bit of information. Round trip from San Fran to Tokyo... $682!!!! Boom!!! (Also don't be surprised if you see me vacation in Tokyo! I had no idea you could fly there so easily!)

Now I'm still not 100% convinced this will be the two locations I end up celebrating in. There are a few options. On the west coast we have: Seattle, San Fran, LA, oh... and Hawaii (<---- winner!!)!! And in Asia/South Pacific we have: Tokyo, Sydney, Auckland, and Fiji! Personally I would totally be up for a Fiji/Hawaii New Year combo. But that may be just me. I'm up for discussing the details if anyone is interested in joining me!

P.S. Only general flight duration times have been researched, not specific times guaranteeing this plan is foolproof. But that minor detail will get sorted out later. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this!!! You should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kucera - you are a nut and this post makes me happy. If anyone can do this it would for sure be you!

    ReplyDelete