Sunday, January 11, 2015

So totally random

I had been planning to write a blog post about really random (but useful) things that I know. But then when I tried to do that I could only think of one really good random fact that other people probably don't know. I don't want to deprive you of that knowledge, so here it is: 

Guaranteed Way to Pick a Great Pineapple:
With lots of produce items it's all about checking the firmness of the fruit/veggie. Not the case with the ole pineapple. No sir. You want to pick a great pineapple every time, it's all about the green "leaves" (?... Didn't say i know the technical terms for the parts of the fruits/veggies). If you can easily pull off the green leaves from the center (that last part is important) then the pineapple is ripe and will be delicious! Don't waste your time trying to pull the leaves from the outside, this works only with the leaves in the center. Seriously this tip has never failed me and pineapple has definitely moved up my list of favorite fruits because I always get a good one! You're welcome.

I thought I would have some more of these great tips, but then I realized I don't know what facts I know that other people don't know. Ya know? This isn't the first time I've been in one of these situations. Turns out this also happens when you're asked to describe unique foods from the region you grew up in when you move to a different part of the country. It's hard because I don't know what would be unique for them if it's something I grew up with. Ah life's conundrums!

Anyway... I'll give a few more random and possibly useful facts that I know. Maybe they're not as random as I think, maybe they are!

  • There's a little arrow next to the gas symbol on your dashboard that tells you what side of the car the gas tank is on. Super handy when you have a rental car!
  • Radio stations end only in odd numbers. (Not sure how that's helpful, but it's random)
  • Even numbered interstates run east-west and odd numbered ones run north-south.
  • Mile markers decrease as you head south or west. Makes for easier judgement of how much farther you have to drive. (I guess I know a lot about traveling. Must mean that I've spent a lot of time driving.)
  • Bananas are meant to be opened from what we consider the bottom. If you pinch the bottom they split apart and open easily.
Well that's all I've got for now. Hope there was at least one random factoid of mine that you didn't know and found to be more than random!

No comments:

Post a Comment