Saturday, March 29, 2014

Time Out... For Running!

I need to take a brief pause from the 100 days of happiness blog entries to talk about running. Why you ask? Because I'm a running magician. That's right, running magician. So the "newness" of living in Btown is wearing off and I'm starting to actually know a few people. Check this out...I had a group of people over at my apartment last night! I digress... So as commonly happens when I talk to people, the subject of running comes up. And I usually get um... amped up (?) about it. So it's not a surprise when people tell me that they're wiling to try it. Seriously if I could be a salesperson for running, I would probably be a billionaire. Is that a real job?

Well in the last few weeks I've gotten two people to come out and run with me and it's only taken them one run to realize that running outside with another person is THE BEST way to run. I'm sorry did I say the best? I meant the ONLY way to run! It may be one of the funniest things to me how intimidated people become when they hear the races I've done! No one understands that I truly mean I won't leave anyone behind, no matter what their pace... until we run. Runner #1 I've convinced to run a halfie in Indy with me in just over a month. Runner #1 has never run more than 4 miles, so our first run together was a beautiful 8 miler. We killed it. Absolutely destroyed it. Let's just say Runner #1 is hooked. Up to 10 miles tomorrow!

Runner #2 voiced pace concerns and said no way could they run and talk. Guess who's been on at least 4 runs with me, chatting away?!?! Runner #2. 

Running magician.

It doesn't stop there. A co-worker has recently fallen in love with running and stops by to discuss daily runs or races to sign up for. Oh and another who has never been a runner has expressed interest to start in the future (and has already walked in a 5k with me!).

Running magician.

So if anyone out there is reading this and thinks... No way, you can't possibly get me to run. Call me! Let's talk... during a run!

P.S. My running magic only gets stronger in the spring with the warmer temps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment