Thursday, May 12, 2016

You learn something every day...

I just wanted to take some time out and share with you a few of the things I've learned since my last post:

  • Berry Plastics make some cool things. Yes, I got a new job with them and my first day there was nothing like my first day of my first job (if you don't know... ask, because it's a doozy of a story). I got to basically tour a display house with all these products by companies I've heard of. And now when I get testing requests in the lab, I'm always checking to see what company it's for. (P.S. check the bottom of any cup you may have gotten at a sporting venue... Bet Berry made it!)
  • Evansville... How are you the 3rd largest city in Indiana? First of all, could you try not to flood when it starts sprinkling outside? Also where do all the people live? I've run downtown right after work several times and seen practically no people. I'm a huge fan of exploring and trying new places, but there is a significant lack of places to try 'round here. Step up please! (Saving grace... the field used in A League of Their Own is  here.)
  • The Blackhawks can't win every year. I'll be more than happy to settle for the Cubs winning the World Series on this off year.
  • People of Indiana pay attention to this one: Indianapolis has an open container law! You heard me. This gem was dropped on me as my friend and I hem-hawed over a second beer and were offered a to-go cup. Excuse me? Yes to-go beers are a thing thanks to the Super Bowl a few years ago! Welcome to the New Orleans of the midwest!
  • Hattiesburg, Mississippi is the same but different. It has this fantastic So Pro tasting room with 6 beers for $8 place that was not there when I left. I highly recommend it. Oh and Hattiesburg is finally getting a Panera. (Good work!) It still has the classic go-tos of Glory Bound, Mugshots, Half Shell Oyster House and Raisin' Canes. (Way too many places to eat when you're only in town for a weekend.) Andt there are a lot of really cool people still there. And I still (sorta) got it when it comes to roller hockey.
  • That life is short.
  • My new dream job is marathon race director. I have no doubt in my mind I could totally "run" a fantastic race.
  • If I ever had a doubt that I would eventually stop running these crazy races (halfies, fulls, Spartans, etc.) that is all but gone. I know way too many people that are all about the runcation life and I will keep doing it as much as I can. (This is some major foreshadowing to a big announcement coming soon!)
  • My cats super love celebrating their birthday, as displayed in the picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment